We realize the loss of a loved one may strain the flow of your everyday activities. Unless you want to start from scratch, you may choose to download an obituary program template ,which is easily editable through Microsoft Word. You may also view a obituary program sample. If the sample obituary program does not help you gain insight, then keep on reading.
The following is just a suggestion on how to write an obituary, you may choose which of the following is vital to you.
Consider what you want to include from the following sample obituary format :
- Full Name
- City of location upon death
- Date and cause of death
- Date and place of birth
- Parent names
- Childhood stories from siblings, friends,and/or classmates.
- If married, date of marriage and name of spouse
- Employment, jobs,stories,promotions,etc.
- Places of residence
- Hobbies, interests, travels
- Other misc. information that might want to be shared on behalf of the deceased loved one
- Survived by (Spouse, siblings, children, grandchildren, cousins, in-laws, nephews, nieces, friends)
- Predeceased by
- Date, time, place
- Name of officiant, pallbearer, honorary pallbearer
- Visitation information
- Reception information
- Place of Burial
- Funeral home name
- # for more information
- Donation suggestion information
- Thank you note to friends and family
- Poem or quote
- A few words to sum up loved one’s life
And a video to further give more insight on creating a obituary program..